RV Solar Panels – Travelling in an RV gives you a sense of freedom but not at the same time. Living in an RV gives a limited access to everything when it’s compared to living in a residential home. However, that doesn’t mean it’s impossible to enjoy comfort and luxury.
Power source is a big part of living. It can be hard having a sufficient power when living or camping in an RV. Commonly, people will use electrical hookups at campgrounds. However, they may not be enough especially if a big number of family is travelling together. Also, for those who dry camp, it’s not possible to get hookups. This is where solar panels for RV become a great solution. Especially for those who permanently live in an RV, installing solar panels on RV is a necessity.
Solar panels operate by capturing sunlight and converting it into electricity. Besides providing an additional power source, solar panels are also eco-friendly, convenient and clean. They are quite expensive but they’re a great investment for those who use their RV a lot.
- 1 Best RV Panels
- 1.1 1. Richsolar 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Panel with MC4 Connectors 12 Volt Battery Charging RV, Boat, Off Grid
- 1.2 2. ECO-WORTHY 200 Watt (2pcs 100 W) Monocrystalline Solar Panel Complete
- 1.3 3. Mighty Max Battery 100 Watt Off Grid Solar Power System
- 1.4 4. Texas Solar 100 Watt Polycrystalline 100W 12V
- 1.5 5. WindyNation 100 Watt Solar Panel Kit
- 1.6 6. Renogy 400W Monocrystalline Solar RV Kit with 30A Charger Controller
- 1.7 7. WindyNation 400 Watt Solar Kit
- 1.8 8. HQST 100 Watt 12 Volt Polycrystalline Solar Panel Kit
- 1.9 9. WindyNation Complete 400 Watt Solar Panel Kit with 1500 Watt VertaMax Power Inverter RV 12 Volt Battery
- 1.10 10. ALLPOWERS Solar Panel 100W 18V 12V Bendable Flexible Solar Charger SunPower Solar Module
- 1.11 11. Go Power! Weekender SW Complete Solar and Inverter System with 160 Watts of Solar
- 1.12 12. Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Starter Kit
- 1.13 13. HQST 100 Watt 12 Volt Polycrystalline Solar Panel
- 1.14 14. Renogy 200 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Starter Kit with Wanderer
- 1.15 15. Renogy 200 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Panel Solar RV Kit
- 1.16 16. ACOPOWER UV11007GD 100W Foldable Solar Panel Kit
- 1.17 17. Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Extremely Flexible Monocrystalline Solar Panel
- 1.18 18. Newpowa 100 Watts 12 Volts Polycrystalline Solar Panel
- 1.19 19. Go Power! GP-PSK-120 120W Portable Folding Solar Kit with 10 Amp Solar Controller
- 1.20 20. HQST 100 Watt 12 Volt Off Grid Polycrystalline Portable Foldable Solar Panel with Charge Controller
- 1.21 21. ECO-Worthy 20 Watts 12V Solar Panel Kit
- 1.22 22. Mighty Max Battery 100 Watt Off Grid Solar Power System
- 1.23 23. Sunway Solar Car Battery Trickle Charger & Maintainer 12 Solar Panel Power Kit Portable Backup
- 1.24 24. DOKIO 100 Watt Solar Panel Monocrystalline to Charge 12V Battery for Home
- 1.25 25. Suaoki 100W Solar Panel
- 2 Conclusion
Best RV Panels
Knowing how to choose the best RV solar panels can be challenging especially for newbies. RV solar panels are different from residential ones in the way that they’re smaller because of the limited space for installment. However, there are many selections for RV solar panels. Here is a list for best solar panels for RV:
Read More : RV Gadgets
1. Richsolar 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Panel with MC4 Connectors 12 Volt Battery Charging RV, Boat, Off Grid
This Richsolar panel is made of monocrystalline solar cells which gives efficiency per space. The aluminum frame is corrosion resistant which makes it suitable for outdoor use. The materials are also durable and able to withstand high winds and snow loads. For this product, mounting the solar panels on RV roof is easy. It has pre-drilled holes on the back for fast mounting and easy securing.
2. ECO-WORTHY 200 Watt (2pcs 100 W) Monocrystalline Solar Panel Complete
This ECO-WORTHY solar panel comes with 2 pieces of mono solar panels, two sets of Z style mounting brackets, 1 piece of 20A solar controller, 1 pair of solar cables and 1 pair of 2-in-1 connectors. For those looking for a complete set, this product is a good choice. It’s also easy to install.
3. Mighty Max Battery 100 Watt Off Grid Solar Power System
With its sleek design, compact body, pre-drilled holes and a set of MC4 connectors, this product is one of the best portable solar panels for RV. The 12V panel gives optimum voltage up to 18V delivering 100 watts of solar energy. The great performance comes from its innovative photovoltaic technology.
4. Texas Solar 100 Watt Polycrystalline 100W 12V
This solar panel only weighs 16 lbs, which is good for those looking for portable RV solar panels. The polycrystalline solar cells are protected by a thin layer of tempered glass. Because of the design, this solar panel will be able to withstand heavy snow and wind loads. For easy plug and play use, the back of it features a waterproof junction box and MC4 leads.
5. WindyNation 100 Watt Solar Panel Kit
This complete kit includes 100 Watt WindyNation solar panel, 20-Amp WindyNation P20L LCD display solar charge controller,40 ft of UL listed 12 AWG solar cable, all necessary MC4 connectors and mounting hardware. It also includes 1 piece 100ah, 12 V BattaMax AGM Deep Cycle Battery. With such complete package, this product becomes a good choice for those who need a perfect set.
6. Renogy 400W Monocrystalline Solar RV Kit with 30A Charger Controller
This solar kit is a high and efficient energy output. The kit includes four 100W monocrystalline panels. The solar panels perform well even in low-light, sub-optimal conditions. It has a bypass diode which minimizes power drop caused by shade and clouds.
7. WindyNation 400 Watt Solar Kit
The solar kit of WindyNation includes four 100W polycrystalline panels. It’s possible to monitor charge on the LCD screen and adjust settings using the P30L charge controller. The warranty 5 years for the solar panels, 25 years for the power output and 1 year for other components.
Read More : Small Travel Trailer Ideas
8. HQST 100 Watt 12 Volt Polycrystalline Solar Panel Kit
Not only having a complete kit, this solar panel also has many features. It’s waterproof because of IP65 rated junction box that provides protection against environmental particles and low pressure water jets. The iron-tempered glass which enhances stiffness and gives stronger resistance. In addition, it’s easy to install and mount.
9. WindyNation Complete 400 Watt Solar Panel Kit with 1500 Watt VertaMax Power Inverter RV 12 Volt Battery
This kit has everything to get started in installing solar panels. It also includes a 1500W power inverter. It’s a perfect kit for the off-grid 12V Battery system.
10. ALLPOWERS Solar Panel 100W 18V 12V Bendable Flexible Solar Charger SunPower Solar Module
This solar panel has a unique feature as it’s bendable. Therefore, this is an ideal choice for those who want to install it on uneven surfaces, at an angle or on a rounded roof since it’s one of the flexible solar panels for RV. The panel is able to curve up to 30 degrees. The panel is also lightweight with only 4.7 lbs.
11. Go Power! Weekender SW Complete Solar and Inverter System with 160 Watts of Solar
This solar kit is a complete package as it includes everything needed to hook up solar and inverter system. It doesn’t need fuel, maintenance and noise. It’s also expendable if two GP-RV-160E expansion kits are purchased together.
12. Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Starter Kit
This solar panel is able to supply a generous 100-watt power. Because of the capacity, it’s possible to run several devices at once. It can also provide additional charging if the wires are linked to other panels. It’s heavier than most RV solar panels, but the material is constructed from high-conversion efficiency modules.
13. HQST 100 Watt 12 Volt Polycrystalline Solar Panel
Having many efficient polycrystalline solar cells, this panel is dependable to use. The material is high quality with solid construction so it’ll be able to withstand heavy snow and wind. Moreover, this solar panel is easy to use, plug and install. Last but not least, this panel will last long because of its corrosion-resistant aluminum frame.
14. Renogy 200 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Starter Kit with Wanderer
Although this kit doesn’t provide installation instructions, it’s still easy to install because it’s aimed for beginners. This kit is also to produce power quietly which makes it comfortable to use. The package includes the solar panels, the charge controller, adaptor kit, connectors, Z-brackets and tray cable. The 30A PWM charge controller in this kit will help expanding the solar system up to 400 watts.
15. Renogy 200 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Panel Solar RV Kit
This Renology solar panel kit may be quite expensive for some people, but the high quality performance is worthy of the price. For one, this product is able to recharge quietly. It’s also compatible with safe and broad off-grid applications.
16. ACOPOWER UV11007GD 100W Foldable Solar Panel Kit
It’s easy to bring this solar panel kit along because of its compact design. The foldable design also makes it very portable and easy to manage. In addition, it’s versatile because it can accommodate a wide range of applications. This product also comes with a protective case.
17. Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Extremely Flexible Monocrystalline Solar Panel
This Renology is versatile because it can handle various applications with its 248-degree flex range. The design is lightweight and thin which makes it portable very portable and easy to install. In addition, the material is strong and solid. The systems are thinner than most solar panels, making them perfect for stealthy setups.
18. Newpowa 100 Watts 12 Volts Polycrystalline Solar Panel
The material is highly durable and heavy-duty which makes it perfect for those travelling on a rough terrain. With high performance cells, this solar panel can handle heavy applications and use. It’s also able to withstand snow load, hail and high wind pressure. Installing this product is easy and quick.
19. Go Power! GP-PSK-120 120W Portable Folding Solar Kit with 10 Amp Solar Controller
This solar panel may be pricey, but it has high quality performance. The capacity can supply up to 120-watts of power. Connecting to the batteries is easy because it has built-in cables and battery clamps. It also comes with a solar controller and a carrying case.
20. HQST 100 Watt 12 Volt Off Grid Polycrystalline Portable Foldable Solar Panel with Charge Controller
This product has a complete kit needed for installment with its wiring and PWM controller. The polycrystalline feature makes this solar panel very efficient. The material is sturdy and built for harsh outdoor conditions. In addition, it comes with a travelling bag for easy storage.
21. ECO-Worthy 20 Watts 12V Solar Panel Kit
For easy and efficient installment, this kit comes with complete accessories. It includes extension cable and battery clips. There’s also protection for overcharge and over discharge for the RV battery. Moreover, it has the lowest standby current.
22. Mighty Max Battery 100 Watt Off Grid Solar Power System
This Might Max solar panel has a solid performance. This solar panel is known for its durability because of its heavy-duty components. The compact and sleek design makes it easy to store and save space. The installation is easy and quick because it comes with pre-drilled holes. Moreover, this product comes with complete accessories. One of them being the MC4 connectors that makes it easy to install. In addition, it has off-grid battery ideal for many applications.
Read More : Type A MotorHome
23. Sunway Solar Car Battery Trickle Charger & Maintainer 12 Solar Panel Power Kit Portable Backup
This solar panel kit is portable and ideal for many applications. The off-grid solar power source enables it to be used whenever needed. It can also work as a battery maintainer and trickle charger. Moreover, it’s easy to set up and secure to the dash or windshield of a vehicle. The clear PV glass is durable and strong which will last for a long time. Last but not least, this also comes with an ABS plastic casing.
24. DOKIO 100 Watt Solar Panel Monocrystalline to Charge 12V Battery for Home
This is a great choice for those looking for a flexible and bendable solar panel. It’s ideal for a wide range of applications, including RVs. The continuous power will be able to supply DC appliances. This solar panel also resists water, making it able to withstand weather changes and outdoor elements. In addition, this product is CE, RoHS and FCC certified
25. Suaoki 100W Solar Panel
This solar panel is easy to set up on irregular surface because it’s bendable. It has extra durability which makes it very protective of the panel. Moreover, this solar panel is water resistance which means it’s able to endure harsh weathers. Its thin design makes it portable as well. The mounting holes are pre-drilled so it’s easy to install.
There are many benefits in investing solar panels for RV. This especially applies for those who spend a lot of time with their RV and dry camp. At first, this investment is pricey to have but it will pay back after lengthy use. Most panels usually last more than 20 years. In addition to saving money, the solar panels become necessary because of its nature as renewable energy. It’s environmentally friendly which suits the spirit of RV travelling. Moreover, this power source requires low maintenance. The accessories don’t break easily. Another extra point for solar panels, they have positive effects on RV’s battery.
Choosing a high quality and suitable solar panels for RV can be challenging for beginners. It’s important to know the types of solar panels before buying. They include monocrystalline, polycrystalline and amorphous. It’s important to learn about the key features as well. They include the capability of the controller, expandability, mounting, amount of power, efficiency, weight and size. Purchasing a complete kit for RV solar panel will make the process of having it installed easier.