Pop Up Camper Ideas – Some people prefer to go camping with their pop up camper. Camping in a pop up camper is different than other types of camping. For them, it offers more comfort than camping in a standard tent with minimal supplies. It’s more convenient than using a tent, but far more straightforward than using an RV.
Regardless, there are some things that you need to know before getting started in a pop up camper. This article will provide you with every necessary aspect to know about pop up camper. It covers the general information about the vehicle, the essential features to have, and the design recommendations. Be sure to read more to find out.
- 1 What is pop up camper?
- 2 Pop up camper must haves
- 3 Pop up camper design ideas
- 3.1 Calming eclectic pop up camper
- 3.2 Countryside style pop up camper
- 3.3 Man cave pop up camper
- 3.4 Black and white pop up camper
- 3.5 Oceanic vibe pop up camper
- 3.6 Two-level pop up camper
- 3.7 Simple teak pop up camper design
- 3.8 Vintage pop up camper design
- 3.9 Family-friendly pop up camper
- 3.10 Chic pop up camper
- 3.11 Luxurious retro pop up camper
- 3.12 Concise double-deck pop up camper
- 3.13 Kids-friendly pop up camper
- 3.14 Traditional-style pop up camper
- 3.15 Masculine pop up camper
- 3.16 Futuristic pop up camper
- 3.17 Classic pop up camper
- 3.18 Scout pop up camper
- 3.19 Straightforward pop up camper
- 3.20 Tropical vibe pop up camper
- 3.21 Army style pop up camper
- 3.22 Practical pop up camper
- 3.23 Modern double-deck pop up camper
- 3.24 Stylish pop up camper
- 4 Frequently Asked Question
- 5 Conclusion
What is pop up camper?
In short, a pop up camper is a fusion between an RV and a tent. It’s a type of RV that can be collapsed into a smaller form for easy storage and transport. When fully set up, the pop up camper can become more extensive than the initial size. It typically has beds, a compact kitchen, a dining table, and a few storage spaces. However, some campers renovate their pop up camper to include extra features such as a bathroom and an air conditioner.
The primary benefits of a pop up camper are its small size and lightweight design. It allows the pop up camper to be easily towed by most minivans and smaller SUVs. The size also makes the pop up camper easier to store in most household garages. Without a doubt, these factors make the pop up campers more accessible for average families compared to most RVs.
Related : Clever RV Storage Ideas for Camper Van
Our Recommendation Items
- 🖤[5 PC KITCHEN TOOLS SET]: Set includes 1 grater for cheeses, vegetables, chocolate; 1 grinder...
- 🖤[DURABLE & COMFORTABLE]: Made of strong and durable ABS plastic; while the blades made from 304...
- 🖤[SPACE SAVING STORAGE - TWO WAYS]: The space saving design allows each gadgets can be stacked on...
- [VERSATILITY]: The Stormate Collapsible Garbage Bag Holder can be used in RVs, boats, cars and...
- [CONVENIENCE]: Perfect combination between capacity and storability, the Garbage Bag Holder folds to...
- [CAPACITY]: Can be easily set up to hold a 13-gallon or larger kitchen trash bag
- COMPACT-ABILITY: Neatly organizes and holds your utensils in one convenient place. Each utensil has...
- MULTIPURPOSE: The trendy kit can be used for multiple applications, perfect for concerts, sporting...
- DURABLE | RUGGED: Made with tough woven cotton, it protects your utensils from the elements, falls,...
- BPA Free & dishwahser safe
- Simply pop-up to open when using and collapses to flat for space saving with Expanded
- Separate area for silverware, utensils, and other gadgets for more organized drying - 4 compartments...
Pop up camper must haves
Many people choose to buy a pop up camper because they need the convenience of an RV but with less cost. However, to provide the same comfort of an RV, the pop up camper needs some things to ease your camping experience. This part will cover the essential things that you need to have in a pop up camper.
A portable generator
- Powerful DuroMax Engine: the XP12000EH is powered by a DuroMax, 457cc OHV engine.
- Dual fuel technology: the ability to run on propane or gasoline allows the freedom and flexibility...
- Plenty of power: with 12,000 starting watts and 9, 500 running watts, This unit can handle heavy...
Installing a solar panel might be costly and challenging, but a portable generator can be an excellent alternative. It can supply power to run appliances that may not be possible with DC battery. Also, new portable generators mostly weigh nothing compared to how useful it is to help you during camping.
- Compact personal space heater design that is small enough for tables or desktops
- Featuring efficient ceramic coils that heat up in seconds
- Available in 4 colors to custom-match your decor
Camping during cold weather might be exciting, but the thin walls of a pop up camper might cause you hypothermia. Fortunately, you can buy a small heater at a low price nowadays to provide heat during cold weather. It’s a small price to pay for a safe camping experience.
Collapsible storage containers
- SMALL STORAGE ORGANIZER BOX SET — Store and protect clothing and household items with box style...
- EASY ACCESS & CLUTTER-FREE STORAGE — Front and top zipper opening makes it easy to store and...
- PORTABLE WITH LABEL HOLDER — Secure carry handles for easy transport — Allows quick...
Since pop up campers are usually smaller than most RVs, it also has smaller storage space. To make the most out of the limited storage space, you need to have some collapsible storage containers. It can maximize the available space to fit essential items and supplies.
An air conditioner
- QUIET & POWERFUL - Our 6,000 BTU DOE (10,000 BTU ASHRAE) compact air conditioner (16.5 x 11.5 x 26...
- PERFECT FOR SMALL ROOMS - This floor-standing portable AC unit provides steady, fast, effective...
- SIMPLE & QUICK TO INSTALL – Just wheel this portable air conditioner into any room with a double...
Unlike most RVs, most pop up campers don’t include air conditioners. It doesn’t mean that pop up campers don’t get heated during the day. They still do. Therefore, getting an air conditioner installed will be worth it to keep the camping experience fun.
First aid kit
- ★2022 NEW UPGRADED:Newest combination first aid kits,based on customers' feedback. 18 items 163...
- ★ APPROVED: Medical grade quality. Manufactured with the finest equipment in a modern approved...
- ★MULTIPURPOSE: Perfect for any occasion or events - family, home, travel,camping, emergencies,...
One of the most important things to bring to the campground is the first aid kit. Accidents can happen during your journey, and having first aid items in the camper has become a necessity. It’s one of the primary pop up camper necessities.
A traditional camping experience is one thing that most pop up camper users look for. Bringing a fire pit can help to create a fantastic camping experience. And most importantly, you can grill food with it.
- Lynx Recreational Vehicle Leveling Kit, 10/Pack
- Modular designed levelers not only configure to fit any leveling function, but they also withstand...
- To use: simply set them into a pyramid shape to the desired height that the RV needs to be raised...
Not leveling the RV can cause any sorts of troubles. It might break your refrigerator, give you uncomfortable sleep, and make cooking more difficult than it already is. Therefore, leveling the RV by using leveling blocks is strongly recommended. You should be fine buying a pack of 10.
- Independently Tested in the USA to show 99.999 percent filtration removal of tested Virus, bacteria,...
- Proven protection against any unwanted objects in your drinking water; Reduces Heavy Metals and...
- Shell is ABS Material (Same Material Used on Car Bumpers), Polysulfone Medical Grade Ultra Filter...
A water filter is such a small but handy item to bring on the campground. It ensures the safety of the water you will consume. Moreover, you don’t always need to take bottled water if you have these filters. Therefore, it also gives you extra storage space.
Pop up gizmos
- DURABLE MATERIAL: 300 Denier Polyester with PU lining, which is 100% waterproof and able to block...
- DIMENSION: Sidewall measures 86x120 Inches, fit for most 10x10, 10x20 Feet Straight Leg pop up...
- WIDELY APPLICABLE: Adaptable to most straight leg 10x10 and 10x20's on the market. (4) sets needed...
A pop up gizmos installation gives extra protection for your pop up campers. They act like blankets that keep the cold air during summer and warm air during winter. They also protect the camper from UV rays and passing birds. Furthermore, there’s also a high wind version that can protect you from wind and even a storm.
Pop up camper design ideas
At this point, you already knew what a pop up camper is and what you need to make it comfortable. However, useful items are not enough to make a pop up camper as cozy as a home; you also need to personalize it. Here are our favorite pop up camper design ideas.
Related : RV Cabinets
Calming eclectic pop up camper
The cool-toned wood material used in this pop up camper makes the interior calming. Furthermore, the large-sized windows let the breeze in to keep the atmosphere pleasant. The layout is also able to fit a bathroom inside this medium-sized interior. A pop up camper with bathroom is quite rare. It’s excellent for people who need convenience.
Countryside style pop up camper
Who doesn’t love the fresh air of the countryside? This pop up camper design reminds us of the friendly atmosphere of a country house. Not only the open concept blends well with teak furniture, but it also prevents the interior from feeling narrow.
Man cave pop up camper
Many young males go camping together. For them, making the pop up camper interior looks masculine is an excellent idea. This camper design accentuates its man cave vibe with a strong grey tone. Since this pop up camper doesn’t have any cooking area, this might be the right choice for people who need to fit a lot of people instead of a kitchen. They can still cook outside.
Black and white pop up camper
Simplicity and calm are the main points of this pop up camper design. Its straightforward design will be easy to set up and organize. Moreover, its black accents will make it hard to get dirty.
Oceanic vibe pop up camper
The beach and the sea have become many people’s favorite holiday destination. Fortunately, you can also add a little touch of the ocean by pulling off this design for you pop up camper. It uses transparent stickers on the windows to paint the interior with a calming blue tone. Moreover, the white-colored cabinets add no distraction to the vibe.
Two-level pop up camper
Not all pop up camper trailer is large enough to fit many people. Therefore, making the pop up camper multi-level might be a viable solution for that. This design is a great example of how you can have a second-level yet still able to have cabinets in between.
Simple teak pop up camper design
Some people choose a pop up camper to rest and spend their other camping activities wholly outside. This straightforward pop up camper interior should be enough for them. It has only one queen-sized bed and a pair of benches that look very comfortable.
Vintage pop up camper design
It’s always nice to bring some things from the past with you. This vintage style pop up camper can add a friendly atmosphere to your campground. Also, the complete setup in it makes the camping experience more delightful.
Family-friendly pop up camper
This cheerful design will keep any family happy while camping. The red and white color combination creates a friendly vibe in the room. With a complete set of amenities, this pop up camper setup should be able to ease every camping experience.
Chic pop up camper
If there is enough room in the trailer to pull off this design, it will be worth it. Not only it looks elegant, but it’s also one of the most similar design to a home. With its cozy sofas and household-grade kitchen, it’s absolutely an impeccable pop up camper design.
Luxurious retro pop up camper
This retro-styled pop up camper has every beautiful thing of a retro-styled home. From wooden furniture to a dark-colored sofa, they all replicate the comfort of the old days.
Concise double-deck pop up camper
This is another type of a double-deck pop up camper. Although it’s smaller than the previous one, this design has a brighter tone that makes it feel roomier. Also, the pull-out mechanics on the second level is a great inspiration to create extra space.
Kids-friendly pop up camper
Not only soft and bright colors make any room more spacious, but it’s also attractive to kids. This can be a nice pop up camper design to recreate when you bring the kids to the campground.
Traditional-style pop up camper
Some people want an authentic camping experience but don’t want to leave the convenience of a pop up camper. Fortunately, this pop up camper design should be able to replicate the atmosphere of a tent while keeping all the benefits of living in a pop up camper.
Masculine pop up camper
Dark green color can make the pop up camper interior looks masculine. Not only that, but the green color can also help to emphasize the natural vibe while in the middle of the campground. Based on the size and layout, this interior setup will suit medium to large camping groups.
Futuristic pop up camper
The white color is often considered to create a modern and futuristic design. This design, however, brings the white color to a whole new different level. It perfectly combines the futuristic vibe with the patterned fabrics that are identical to traditional styles.
Classic pop up camper
Some people want to feel refreshed while maintaining a formal look. This pop up camper adopts a formal open concept design. With its dark brown tone, it successfully achieves a high-class vibe.
Scout pop up camper
With many layers of protection on the windows, this pop up camper design makes people feel safe. Its sturdy design, materials, and color choices remind us of a tent in a scout campsite.
Straightforward pop up camper
This pop up camper design will accommodate the campers with enough comfort to rest. However, they need to cook, take a bath, and do most other activities outside. Regardless, it’s an excellent pick for people who want to set up their tent easily.
Tropical vibe pop up camper
Although considered small, this colorful pop up camper managed to fit plenty of seating space. Moreover, it still has a space left for a small kitchen. Being able to cook inside a pop up camper is always a desired feature, especially in bad weather.
Army style pop up camper
Its straightforward but sturdy design reminds us of a military camp. Moreover, the green color of the sofa also emphasizes the strong army vibe of this pop up camper design.
Practical pop up camper
This pop up camper looks pretty basic and practical. Based on the framing, it seems that it can be installed and uninstalled very quickly. A quick installation is necessary for any situation, including camping.
Modern double-deck pop up camper
This design combines the double-deck design with contemporary style. It looks casually gorgeous and feels roomy. Although it’s not very big, it also managed to include a kitchen space in it.
Stylish pop up camper
This pop up camper design is very creatively decorated. The decoration makes the interior feels attractively comfortable. Although it seems unnecessary, putting some decorations in the interior is one of the best ways to make it feel like home.
Frequently Asked Question
How long does a pop-up camper last?
Pop-up trailers can last between 10 to 15 years, depending on usage, how well you look after it and whether or not it was stored inside or outside. Some companies have made their travel trailers last as little as 10 years, making this fact due to the fact that the owners of these six years ago did not know how to properly maintain their trailers.
Should you cover a pop-up camper?
Ensuring your RV is protected from the elements is essential, so it is essential to invest in proper RV storage. RV covers, RV skirts, and various other methods can be used to cover your RV, in addition to the conventional tarp route.
How fast can you drive with a pop-up camper?
If you are towing a camper, you will realize you can pull a camper from one hundred to eighty mph, depending on the state you’re driving in. The numbers shown in the table beneath represent permissible speeds in the different states if you’ve got a pop-up camper in tow.
Related : Awesome RV Hacks worth to try
To conclude, going camping in a pop up camper offers more convenience than in a tent. However, you still need the right items and amenities to support your life during camping. Also, you might need to customize the pop up camper design to suit your taste. Apart from the items and design ideas we recommended, there are still plenty more out there. So, feel free also to consider them.