Budget-Friendly Interior Design Ideas

Budget-Friendly Interior Design Ideas. Redecorating your home can be an inexpensive process if you have a solid plan, a recorded budget, know where to find the best bargains, and have a few ideas you’d like to try.

Use the 80/20 rule when you redesign or redecorate a room. Divide the room into an 80:20 ratio. Select and use a key theme or color scheme to decorate 80 percent of a room. Use the other 20 percent for a unique style or color.

For example, if you use light or neutral colors for the 80 percent ratio, use bright, bold colors for the other 20 percent to enhance the room.

When you’re on a budget, use these budget-friendly interior design ideas to liven up a room:


Boost Of Color

A fresh coat of paint can liven up a room and is relatively inexpensive. An average can of paint costs $15 to $50 per gallon, depending on the type of paint and the brand you buy. It takes about one gallon of paint to cover 400 square feet.

When choosing a new color for the room you want to update, create a color scheme that matches your furniture or the focal point in the room. Creating a color scheme that matches the furniture will bring them room together.

If you’re on a seriously limited budget, try painting an accent wall or touching up the ceiling can make a major difference.

If you decide to spruce up a room with a fresh coat of paint, use lighter colors. Lighter colors make a room look cleaner, larger, and brighter.

Add Accents

Buying new bedding and changing the color or pattern in your bedroom, hanging prints and adding decorative pillows to your living room, and even something as simple as swapping out lampshades can spruce a room dramatically.

Other accents you can add to a room to add color and style are vase with everlasting, fake flowers, shelving, switching the hardware on cabinets, and colorful décor and treasured-found trinkets.

Bargain Finds

Browse garage sales or platforms like Facebook Marketplace for unique, secondhand finds. Buying used items that are in good condition could save you money and spruce a room.

Interior Design Inspiration

Seek different areas and cultures for interior design inspiration and ideas. The U.S. alone provides different designs If you’re looking for inspiration or ideas based on the different regions in the U.S., try searching “interior designers in Santa Barbara” or “Arizona inspired interior design”. Try a Spanish Mission design or West Coast inspired design.

You can also try a Mediterranean-inspired design with a white, minimalistic background, airy living spaces, and beautiful blue, light yellows, and other coastal colors.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

You May Also Like