RV Decorating Ideas – RV is relatively a small space. Therefore, decorating RV will be a lot different from decorating a house. However, a good design can absolutely transform any space.
Since small space requires plenty of considerations, some people might have lost ideas on how to enhance it. Therefore, designing a small space is all about visual manipulation.
Below we put some tips and ideas to help you be your own interior designer and stylist for your RV!
RV Decorating Tips
A great design is not just about beauty. It’s also about the smart play between all elements in the space. In addition, the whole composition will influence the way you perceive the room and how you feel inside it.
Here’s some tips on how to decorate small RV space and turn it to a comfortable and stylish living room.
Our recommendation items
- Illuminate your camping area or home with Camco’s Outdoor Globe Lights while adding a festive...
- Lighting strand features ten large globes with Coiled cords in between lights. Lighting extends over...
- Each globe is easy to assemble and available in assorted colors. Globes are also weather and shatter...
- Largest size：82Ft x 17.7in . Each roll can cover 120.9 square foot wall
- Material: Vinyl.Easy to install and apply, just cut, peel and stick according to grid...
- Widely suitable for walls, furniture cabinets, kitchen backsplash,countertop,shelves and drawer...
- Decorative black swirl pattern on shade
- 12V DC Power
- Switch for optional on/off operation
- Size: 17" x 30"
1. Add Some Colorful Accessories
Color is one of the essential elements in any room. Thus, if your RV is a neutral color, adding some colorful accessory is a great idea. Throw pillows are the easiest way to add some colorful touches in your RV decor. It makes the space warmer and relaxing. We wrote an article about RV Fun Accessories, and throw pillow cover is one of them. Moreover, you can make the cover by yourself and they don’t take much space to store.
2. Bring Personality
Obviously, an excellent way to bring personality into a room is by bringing personal items that demonstrate who you are. So, if you collect things such as books, albums, or artworks, bring a few of your collections and display them. Moreover, if you want to decorate in a more direct and bold way from the outside, then go for some custom stickers for window treatment or exterior decoration. Personalize your RV with fun with any themes of stickers you love and place them on the windows, the back, the side, or anywhere you love!
3. Change the Curtains
Windows looks bare without a curtain. Not only for a privacy reason, changing the length of curtains alone can transform your windows from casual to elegant. Besides, by hanging curtains wider or taller than windows, you can make a room feel bigger. In addition, choose a fabric based on the look you want and how much light you want to let in.
4. Repaint the Walls and the Cabinets
Giving the walls and cabinets a paint job undoubtedly has so much impact on RV. Basically, it’s the quickest way to way to upgrade the RV appearance. Check our article about how to paint RV walls and cabinets by yourself for more tips.
5. Use A Map as Wallpaper
Actually, we recommended a map as one of must-have RV fun accessories in our article about RV Accessories. However, if you want to apply the map as wallpaper instead of hanging it, regular wallpaper glue is recommended.
6. Put Up Artwork
As mentioned before, displaying artwork is a way to bring personality to the room. Before showcasing the artwork, you need to consider the right piece, the right size, the right scale and the perfect place on the wall.
7. Install a Backsplash
A backsplash not only keeping your kitchen clean and practical, but it also provides an aesthetic backdrop for the kitchen look. Therefore, the backsplash is an integral part if you want your kitchen compositions to look cohesive.
8. Makeover Your Countertops
Using contact paper is the easiest way to give your countertops makeover. Or you can paint your laminate counters if there’s no chips or peeling.
9. Use Regular Furniture
Use regular furniture to make your RV feel more like home. Since sofa is the most necessary element in the space, choose the lighter colors, and keep the patterns simple. Also, when selecting a sofa, you should consider its shape and visual weight. Specifically, avoid anything with a heavy and solid look or dark colors because it will feel space-consuming.
10. Try Open Shelves
Consider trying open shelving to make the room looks more airy. Furthermore, it’s also a great way to organize your storage. You can maximize your wall and use zero space on the floor. Also, pick a color palette and stick to it to make the shelves look cohesive.
Read More : Small Travel Trailer ideas and how decorate it
11. Minimize Clutter with Space Savers
Use collapsible and stackable products to declutter your space. It’s also safe when you are on the road. There are so many space savers you can use in the RV such as nestled bowl and measuring set.
RV Decorating Hacks
A clean & well organized-space is an effective way to bring positivity.
Therefore, when it comes to decorating, it’s not just about placing beautiful things in the space. It’s about how you utilize the available space and find functional things. Below we put some items or tips on what you can do to save space when decorating your RV.
Related : RV Deck Ideas
Adds Suspension Rod
Install a suspension rod in the indoor shower to create an extra closet.
- CUSTOM FITS TO YOUR SPACE: Our telescoping design adjusts between 44 and 70 inches and is the...
- DOUBLE ROD, DOUBLE OPTIONS: With two rods you can separate your shower liner and curtain....
- ADD FUNCTION AND STYLE TO YOUR BATHROOM: Our shower rod features an elegant brushed nickel finish...
Keep things in place with bungee cords and tension rods. Use bungee cords and tension road to keep things in place. Besides, tensions road also can be used to secure canned goods, hang curtains, and make a shelf.
- 48 inch adjustable bungee cords for securing and tethering in outdoor areas; 2-pack
- Ideal for trailers, roof racks, camping, vehicles, tarping, and more
- Durably constructed with natural rubber and polypropylene
Hang items such as cooking utensils, towels, coats, pictures or anything else that can be hung on command hooks.
- 48 inch adjustable bungee cords for securing and tethering in outdoor areas; 2-pack
- Ideal for trailers, roof racks, camping, vehicles, tarping, and more
- Durably constructed with natural rubber and polypropylene
Use the accordion folder to keep everything organized. Besides papers, it also can be used to put kitchen supplies.
- Protect your documents with durable, waterproof and tear-resistant poly files
- Flap and cord closure for added security
- 13 pockets for easy subdivision; each pocket expands to 7/8-inch
Place a bright lamp in a five-gallons bucket to brighten your camping site.
- PERFECT MATCH - Fit for most regular mouth mason jar,regular mouth, Lid 2.76""(70mm)/Insert...
- ENERGY SAVING SOLAR DECORATIVE LIGHTS - with 1.2V 600mA AAA rechargeable battery. Put the ON/OFF...
- HIGH-QUALITY WATERPROOF DESIGN - An rubber gasket pinches on the lid to ensure the water won’t get...
Make your own solar lantern with a mason jar and some double-sided sticky tape.
RV Interior Design Ideas
Interior design, like any form of art or fashion, is constantly evolving. Therefore we need to be smart on how to select a style. Furthermore, choosing colors should not be taken lightly. Colors do have meaning and influence on how we feel when we’re inside a space. Thus, when selecting colors to paint your RV interior, you need to consider that you want to feel relaxed. Below we put some popular yet timeless interior design styles for living space in your RV.
Related : RV Organization Ideas
Generally, A glam living room captures the luxury of relaxation while still delivering maximum style. If you are a fan of pretty, fancy, and shiny things, this style may be perfect for you. Basically, glam color palettes are neutral such as white, cream, grey, silver, etc. Brilliant metallics are also crucial to get the traditional glam elegance look. Lastly, the satin curtains create an air of extravagance to the room.
- 💐SIZE(L*W): 200*100cm(78.74"*39.37"); FIT ROD POCKET: 4cm(1.57") or less
- 💐PATTERN: Beautiful flower cute printed butterfly create a pastoral and fresh atmosphere.
- 💐OCCASION: A perfect decoration for bedroom, living room, balcony, hotel, french window,...
Modern Bohemian Design
If you love bohemian but don’t want to make your RV looks stuffy, this modern boho is excellent for you. Natural wood pieces are material that works with modern boho space and brings the right amount of texture. While the sofa is modern, all the boho pillows and textiles bring a unique warmth to the room. Plus, the amount of green accents is perfect for the bright white-dominated space.
- Unique Modern Design: These pillow covers have a designer look and feel, will stands out in the mix....
- Rigorous Workmanship: The production process pays great attention to detail, ensuring that each seam...
- Durability & Comfort: Each throw pillow case boasts stunning aesthetics coupled with unrivaled...
Luxurious Traditional Design
The traditional decoration is calm, orderly, and predictable. The furnishings are comforting, consistent, and classic. The traditional style includes several design elements, including warm colors and symmetrical lines. Therefore, it makes the room to feel comfortable and elegant at the same time.
- Specification: 12W, 1200LM, 2800-3200K warm white, made of High quality LED chips and high...
- Stylish Appearance: comes with a 6ft plug-in cord, designed to be plugged into a wall outlet...
- High-quality: made of high-quality 5730 LED chips, high color rendering like natural light, 90%...
Simple Bohemian Style Interior
This also can be classified as a bohemian design. However, this room has more bright or colors focal points than the previous one. In addition, the artworks on the wall breathe boho-chic vibes to space. The number of throw pillows also is just enough to make the room looks cozy but not stuffy. Thus, this is the simple way of doing boho without overdoing it.
Minimalism in design is to strip everything down to its essential quality and achieve simplicity. Therefore, elements without decoration, simple materials, clean lines, uncluttered, and natural light are essentials in a minimalist space. The color palette here is very serene and basic. Thus, if you are a very practical person and you see the beauty in simplicity, this style resonates with you.
Unique RV Decorating Ideas
Defining your style is very important when you decorate any space. Not only it guides you to select colors, furniture and other details, it also inspires you to achieve a cohesive room. However, when designing the interior of your RV, it doesn’t have to be rigid. You can mix and match your favorite styles to create and customize one for your personality and taste. Below we put some unique RV decorating ideas that are unusual but still unique and looks cozy.
Tropical RV Interior Design
Tropical interior design highlights the comfort and relaxed living of the island life. It uses materials such as bamboo, wicker, rattan, and teak. It embraces nature, such as the earth, sea, and sky. Thus, the color in this RV is in tune with the outside view. Also, the plants add the breeziness of the room. Generally, the colors in this space complement each other so well.
Just because your space is small, it does not mean it has to be dull. Therefore, this is a quite unique decor. Instead of just hanging wallpaper on the wall as an accessories, the owner uses the map as the main decoration. However, you need to consider that this kind of pattern will bore you over time. It also makes the place look cluttered and small. Thus, if you go with something like this, you might need to change it once in a while.
- 📐 Dimensions & Quality: 82.7 x 55.1in (or 210x140cm) - consists of 5 parts. Made in Germany using...
- 🛠 Recommended assembly with paste: Lay out all parts on the floor and check that they fit. The...
- 🛠 Alternative mounting options: With spray adhesive on wood, cork or MDF. You can also use poster...
Read More Decorating your RV Patio With these items
The interior design of this RV is unique because it doesn’t follow particular norms. The
mismatched pillows are the most noticeable elements. However, vintage patterns are an integral part of the design. It adds vibrancy to the room without overdoing it. In addition, the space under the sofa can be used as storage.
- Fabric:Durable and environmentally friendly Cotton linen Materials
- Measures 18 inches square, 45 x 45 cm
- European Retro Floral Compass Medallion Bohemian Boho Flowers Pillow Covers. Perfect for decorating...
RV Christmas Decorating Ideas
Christmas is one of the most favorite holidays of the year. Spending Christmas in the RV doesn’t mean you can’t feel the warmth of Christmas. However, it’s really tricky decorating for Christmas in RV because you don’t have so much space. Thus we put some RV Christmas decorating ideas to help you make your RV feel like home in Christmas.
Related : RV Accessories
Splendid Exterior Light
It’s not Christmas without shimmer light. Therefore, go big with the light because it makes your RV look fun and festive.
- 60 Days Money Back & 12 Months Free Replacement : Buy with confidence, we provide 60 days money back...
- 300LED 105ft & Support 4 Sets End To End Connectable: Each Set Comes with 300 Beautiful Warm White...
- With Memory Function & 8 Lighting Modes: this stirng light has 8 lighting modes to choose from...
Effort is The Key
Obviously, there’s so much to be done to achieve a homier and cozier feel of Christmas. However, the result will be worth the effort. Thus, decorate every corner of your RV with Christmas essentials such as garland, Christmas tree, Santas, etc.
- This Glittery Bristle Pine Artificial Green Christmas Tree is 2 feet tall with a 16 inch base...
- Features 15 white lights that remain lit even when a bulb goes out. The lights are strung on the...
- This tree features pre-attached, hinged branches that drop down for a simple set-up and fold back in...
Details Are Essential
Add some small and simple touch to Christmas decor, so it doesn’t make the RV look cluttered. Also, bring nature into your space as much as possible.
- Set of 2 burnt wood storage racks with 8 hooks each perfect for hanging coffee mugs and teacups...
- Stylish wood rack makes an elegant display for collectible cups and mugs
- 10 x 15-inch racks take up minimal wall space and fit into tight breakrooms or pantries
Christmas Tree is A Must
If there is no room to store the Christmas tree, you can put it on the back of your camper. Make sure it is stuck properly and not easy to fall when the RV is running.
- ANIMATED CHRISTMAS DECORATION: The Mr. Christmas Super Climber climbs up and down the 42" ladder...
- EASY SET UP: Simply attach the climber's ladder to your Christmas tree using the included arm and...
- LED LIGHTS: The Mr. Christmas climber carries a string of 6 multi-colored LED C9 bulb lights up and...
Festive Christmas Decoration
Make your Christmas holly jolly with this festive decoration. Do something unusual, like adding the flamingo-themed Christmas tree and some colorful cute pillows.
- Christmas wreath is a must-have decoration for Christmas parties, artificial pine wreaths add joy to...
- Wreaths are perfect for front doors, walls, fireplaces, shop windows, rooms and Christmas trees with...
- The size is moderate, the diameter of the wreath is 12 inches, suitable for door and wall...
Sparkling RV Exterior Design
If the space of your RV isn’t enough to create a warm Christmas feel, you can just decor the exterior. Here’s another way to go extra for the Christmas decoration. This way you can put a large Christmas tree without having to worry about the space.
RV Halloween Decorating Ideas
Halloween might be everyone’s favorite thing about autumn. Therefore, make sure your Halloween decoration be filled with fun festivities. Below we put some RV halloween decorating ideas
to turn your RV to look fun and spooky.
Simple RV Halloween Decoration
As you can see, you don’t really need much stuff to do Halloween decoration. Just add some essential pieces such as the jack-o lantern and the skull. It’s actually easy and fun to do.
Spooky Yet Kid-Friendly
If your family is a big fan of Halloween, this decoration is perfect for you. While it looks creepy with all the dimming light, the decoration also comes up with pretty cute items.
- 【Super-Brilliant Solar Powered LED Light】: equipped sophisticated and 180 degree adjustable...
- 【Waterproof & Memory Function】: This outdoor string lights is made of solid materials with IP65...
- 【8 Modes Fairy Lights】: Lighting modes include waves, combination, sequential, gradual, chasing...
Haunted House-Themed RV
Transform your RV into a haunted house with this decoration. With the wide available space, you are free to let your dark imagination go wild with spooky Halloween props.
Rustic RV Decorating Ideas
Rustic interior design creates an electric look that emphasizes nature. Therefore rustic interior design furniture generally dominated by woods or reclaimed lumber. Flea market finds, DIY projects, folk art, and vintage pieces coexist well in rustic decor.
The natural materials are used to create an interior that resembles the simplicity and beauty of the outside world. Thus, the rustic design is warm and inviting. So if you love to have a close condition with nature, this style is perfect for you. Below we put some rustic RV decorating ideas that might inspire you.
Elegant Rustic Design
One of the main characteristics of a rustic design is the use of natural materials. That means a lot of wood and stone in furniture, on ceilings and walls. Furthermore, the best materials for the base of rustic interiors are unprinted & textural. Plus, the leather sofa makes the room look classically elegant.
Contemporary Rustic Design
The use of warm colors is significant to capture the true essence of rustic design. It’s simple, natural and has an earthy feel. The lighter shades make the room feel light and airy. For example, have a sand-colored sofa since the color is shooting. Or you can add subtle pops of color with the throw pillows.
Boho Rustic Design
You can merge the nature into the interior by adding some plants to the room. The easiest way to combine these styles is by including a few elements that are undeniably big, bold, and country. Use wall art, bold pattern or even a few simple décor items you can spread throughout the space.
Read More : What Is Pop Up Camper? and how to decore it
Modern Rustic Design
It is not always necessary to stick with brown or neutral color; you can also use the hues of red, yellow & orange families. Or if you’re not really sure to go bold, just make it as an accent. Orange curtain and little plant pot work great in the room. Specifically, the hanging bamboo basket emphasizes rustic style in the room.
RV Bedroom Decorating Ideas
Color is one of the most essential elements in any room. It’s a generally known fact that light colors make a room look bigger and brighter. A room with light colors feels wider and brighter because the walls are more reflective. Furthermore, the color you choose for your bedroom needs to evoke serenity and calmness. Therefore, you can rest and sleep peacefully to recover from a tiring day. Below we write some RV bedroom decorating ideas
to help you create a cozy bedroom in your RV.
The use of neutral color in this room makes the room look airy. Also, the bed is tucked up against a corner in order to have only one circulation are. It’s also to maximize the floor space or to save the most space possible to be used for other furniture.
This room is another way in space-maximizing design. The space between the bed and the floor can function as storage. Besides, the upper bed, which tucked on the wall, is a way to save space because it’s zero floor usage.
Lovely RV Bedroom
The natural wood color combined with the tosca bed makes the room looks comfortable. Beside, the under bed can also be used as storage to stash out clothes or anything. In addition, the hanging lamp with a simple design takes up zero space.
By keeping the bed low on the ground makes the ceiling appear cleaner and wider. You can also try using a mattress since it can be easily placed inside the closet when not in use. This will create a lot of space when you are not sleeping. In addition, the wall-mounted table is the best way to store your nighttime essentials without using any floor space.
If you are a fan of simplicity, this kind of bedroom perfect for you. As mentioned before the color you choose for your bedroom walls, bedding, flooring, and furnishings directly influence your general frame of mine. So choose tones that provide a calm sensation. The simplicity of this room evokes calmness and coziness. It’s always nice to have more things but in fact they are just taking up space If too much clutter stresses you, go with minimalism. It’s also easier to clean.
Since wood is a light color, it’s excellent to add warmth and brightness to your bedroom. In addition, the mirror makes the room visually larger. It expands the room by creating the illusion of a bigger room. Furthermore, products with high quality and natural materials are essential for feeling comfortable and relaxed. It includes beautiful and stylish furniture pieces but in soft and trendy texture like velvet.
Since this room only uses neutral colors, the little hanging plants make the room feel fresh and natural. It also prevents the room from being too plain. In addition, the curtain makes a room look more spacious. It’s because the curtain rod close to the ceiling instead of the window frame. Thus, when decorating, you should use your curtains as a visual effect to make the room feel larger.
RV Bathroom Decorating Ideas
Bathroom design involves so many things in a limited space. From shower to tubs to sinks and style, all of it needs to come together in an efficient and enjoyable space. However, do neet let the size of the space limits you when decorating. Below we put some inspirations for contemporary and stylish small bathrooms.
White Bathroom with bold Fixtures
The bathroom fixtures are not only functional, they are now a bold and stylish artistic piece. This is kind of accessory adds character to any bathroom. If you have an all white bathroom, try to incorporate black fixtures to create high contrast and accentuate those elements.
If you use a wooden floor, you can add golden fixtures to match the scheme. Also, you can put some plants to make it look more rustic.
This bathroom looks airy because all the sanitary wares are put along in one wall. Therefore it leaves the space in the middle to get dry or just move around.
Cute Small Bathroom with Open Shelving
If you live in RV with a small bathroom, the storage space becomes a major issue. Thus, using open shelves like this bathroom can easily solve that problem.
Using the glass door at the shower stall is another way to make bathroom looks bigger. It’s because the glass door gives the illusions of the space.
Comfortable RV Bathroom
Combining the shower and the tub is another smart way to save space. Furthermore, you can feel the luxury of bathing in the tub, even in a small place.
Essentially, it’s not about the space, it’s about how you utilize it. Therefore, designing or decorating shouldn’t be hard. Think of it as an outfit. Go neutral with the space, so that way, you can accessorize it with different accessories. Also, you don’t have to constantly replacing and redesigning it as the seasons change. Lastly, you can achieve a satisfying decoration in your RV with practice and experimentation.
Can you put wallpaper on RV ?
Simple, cost-effective, and easy-to-apply Peel and Stick Wallpaper is one of the better ways to remodel an RV. RoomMates’ Peel and Stick Wallpaper is a stylish way to facelift aging RVs with minimal effort.
How do I personalize my RV?
- Create your own pop or highlight color and then use it throughout the RV.
- Splurge on bedding
- Add pillows and throw blankets to increase enjoyment.
- Hang one or more custom paintings on the wall.